FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Richard Marsten

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
The Gaucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Gaucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Richard Marsten
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:36am
New books ... books that are really old books (and also really old books ... keep appearing on my bookshelf thanks to the magic of Christmas. I just finished reading "Rocket to Luna" which I thought would have been the more appropriate choice back when I first discovered Ed McBain in the early- to mid70s. Instead I was one of countless pre-teen boys reading with my wide eyes the 87th Precinct novels.

Rocket to Luna was a pretty good adventure story for boys. I may get my son to read it. It was a fun to read how we finally got to the moon in the 80s, how the rocket was similar to the Saturn V (but recyclable), the couches, space taxis, magnetic sandals, life on the moon.

The book currently on my bedside table was also originally written as Richard Marsten, later re-released as Ed McBain "Runaway Black". It promises to be a significant change of pace.
The Gaucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Gaucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 6:45am
Runaway Black, written in 1954 echoes Trayvon Martin, shot and killed in 2012. It just never ends.
 Post Reply Post Reply