FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand NEW????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
jean pierre engels View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jean pierre engels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand NEW????
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:52am
There is a play named "CAPER", with co-author Stuart Ostrow- and a book/Musical "MINSKY'S" , both by Evan Hunter.
Is there a chance that they will ever be published????
And what about those unfinished oevres???? Half a book of Evan is worth a whole collection of Kings',what???

P.S. It's been much too long since I could fill up anything to my collection.

J.P.
JPe
Cookiehound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookiehound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:57am
I don't know how I would feel about a half finished book being published. I know I would buy it, because it was written by Evan, but if it was half finished, it wouldn't be quite as the Boss would have wanted it, and that would put me off reading it....if you can see what I mean.

However, I might not be the best person to answer such a question...I still have Fiddlers to read - I've got a brand new never-even-opened copy, and I can't quite bring myself to read it because it's the last one, and after that there is no more 87th books. I am "saving" it for a special occasion - there just hasn't been anything special enough yet.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jean pierre engels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 8:47am
At Amazon, on Kindle, You can find and download a new book with old Evan Hunter-S.F.stories.
He wrote these when he used Ted Taine as an a.k.a.
Makes me wonder if and what he also wrote as D.A. Adams or more stories under the John-SCIMITAR-Abbott byline.
Anyone???
J.P.
JPe
Dragica View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dragica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 2:06pm
There are no plans to publish any of the plays Evan wrote, at least not at the present time.

Edited by Dragica - 16 Dec 2010 at 10:10pm
Sé McCormack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sé McCormack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 6:21pm
Regarding the Amazon download, is it possible to buy the book.....never mind the electronic stuff....let's be honest, which do you prefer, , , your shiny electronic device with 30Gigs of whatever or your room full of stacked shelves....
Sé McCormack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sé McCormack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 6:22pm
and i still have an unopened copy of The Moment She Was Gone, , , which i cant quite bring myself to read yet
BigEd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BigEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 4:11pm
Here and there I´ve seen the listing of a stortstory-collection named "The Beheading and other stories" by Hunter/McBain. Haven't found it. Does anyone know if it exist?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jean pierre engels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 8:09am
"The Beheading" is a short story, included in the anthology ' The Easter Man'.(( A play) and six stories, and appeared first in 'Escapade'1965).
Evan Hunter byline. Doubleday & company , inc. 1972.
The play 'The Easter Man' seemed to have been euhh...played first in Birmingham and London. And also produced in NewYork City at the Henry Miller's Theatre in April 1965, revisited and retitled 'A Race of Hairy Men'..
JPe
joad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote joad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by jean pierre engels

Makes me wonder if and what he also wrote as D.A. Adams or more stories under the John-SCIMITAR-Abbott byline.
Anyone???
J.P.

Forest of the Night (Amazing Stories, March 1953) D. A. Addams
 Post Reply Post Reply